Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can you keep hollandaise sauce warm in a fondue pot?

I'm having a Christmas Eve party and one of my hors d'oeuvres will be deviled eggs served on French bread slices with hollandaise sauce. I want to keep the sauce warm for the party, but I'm worried that the fondue pot will cause the sauce to curdle. Do you think this will happen? If so, do you think using the fondue pot as a double boiler in conjunction with a bowl will work?



It is a buffet-style dinner, so keeping it on the stove double boiler (which is in a separate room) is not an option.



Thanks!Can you keep hollandaise sauce warm in a fondue pot?
It does not need to be super warm, I am a former chef and worked one place where I made it for 2 kitchens, I used 40 yolks and 15 pounds of clarified butter, I did this everyday, I could have been a great pitcher in the MLB, but as long as it is room temperature it is fine, if you do use fondue pot, put it in a small ceramic or stainless steel bowl, put some water in the fondue pot, set the container on top and use a low heat or the tea light candle idea is a good suggestion.
i would say if you've made HOMEMADE hollandaise, then it would curdle.

it's such a touchy sauce.

can you try using the envelopes of instant hollandaise?

in a pinch, i've done that, and it's really not that badCan you keep hollandaise sauce warm in a fondue pot?
If you keep the heat low, it should work. Like use a tea light candle.
If its not hot just warm it should be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment