Friday, February 24, 2012

How to do fondue in a restaurant?

My family owns a restaurant and we are planning on serving fodue as appetizers and desserts. Does anybody have experience serving cheese and chocolate fondue in a restaurant? What are the best ways to keep the cheese and chocolate melted before they need to be served? Any other advice for this "venture" to be successful?

Side note:

We will be using basic tea light fondue pots for now.



Thanks for your help!How to do fondue in a restaurant?
I'd suggest you eat at a fondue rstaurant and take notes on what would work (and what wouldn't work) for your own needs. One chain is called 'The Melting Pot." All fondues are made fresh; none sitting around waiting. Cheese and choc fondues are made at the table. You will need a diffuser under the chocolate, or even a tea light candle will scorch it.



Find a location here: http://www.meltingpot.com/locations.aspx鈥?/a>
I actually saw something on tv a couple days go about a fondue restaurant. Sorry I don't rememeber the show or the restaurant.

To keep the cheese and chocolate warm and melted they use a double boiler. The water below was always on a slight simmer but not boiling. They also use white wine in the cheese sauce to keep it from being too stringy and sticky.How to do fondue in a restaurant?
what restaraunt?

Mabye with some fruit or bread!

hey if you go on to my blog:http://danceinliz.blogspot.com/, then I could help you to find any recipe, and I could also help you with anything in the kitchen! In my blog, you only need to ask me and I will help you find the answer...about anything! Common, please just check out my blog, you wont regret it!

I'd be fun to talk since you own a restaurant!
  • kuryakyn
  • sailboats for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment