Friday, February 24, 2012

I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?

I hear I'm supose to melt chocolate before putting it in the fondue pot. Can I just put the chocolate bar in the pot and it will just melt?I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?
You could put cream in the pot first and when that is really really hot, just drop in chopped Hershey bars.
You would not be happy with the results. I promise. Try this:



Ingredients



8 ounces good dark chocolate, chopped (not below 60 percent cocoa, recommended: Valrhona)

8 ounces heavy cream, scalded

1 stick butter, room temperature

Orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)

Marshmallows, strawberries, pound cake, dried apricot/mango/papaya, for serving



Directions



Completely melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the cream to a medium bowl and pour in the chocolate. Whisk the mixture very slowly creating a shiny, elastic emulsion.



Whisk in the butter, then add the liqueur, to taste, until well combined.



Pour the mixture into a fondue pot. Dip your choice of bites into the fondue using fondue forks and enjoy!I am having a fondue party, can I use Hershey bars?
Melting just chocolate bars is a white-trash way of doing it...but it will burn on the bottom while the bars are still meltiing - and you won't be able to incorporate creme into it to make a proper chocolate sauce.



Recipes have instructions to heat over a double boiler for good reason, not to waste your time.
U can do it ofcourse, howver I agree the results might not be what ur looking for. The recipe given might be a great alternative, you know the texture and flavor will be good.



( I don't think melting candy bars has anything to do with with skin color n where u live. )

No comments:

Post a Comment