Saturday, February 18, 2012

How do I heat my fondue pot? It looks liquid fueled.?

I bought a new fondue pot and the heating element looks like some mesh over fiberglass in a metal container. I've posted a picture here. https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/jrottholland鈥?/a>

There are vents on the side which can be opened or closed with the handle, and the top doesn't come off, so I can't put a candle or anything in there. I think it is meant to be liquid fueled, but I don't want to put the wrong liquid in there.How do I heat my fondue pot? It looks liquid fueled.?
I am a former chef and you can use 2 different ones, either a alcohol based one or the parrafin lamp oil, but it should recommend the type with your recipe book, most are alcohol based and what you do it light it and let the liquid or if using oil you use a thermometer to register the temp.



For ones like cheese or a stock based one you only keep the holes open slightly same for chocolate, the oil once it is to temp it is critical to keep it hot but not boiling, so you close it over slightly.



It is designed to keep things hot or cook at a low temp, I have one but have not used in a while, I worked in Hotels and restaurant were we served cheese, dessert and broth type ones, the oil type with meat and seafood is nice but is a bit tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment