Saturday, February 18, 2012

Question about a Fondue Pot that I recently purchased?

Okay, so I love fondue. I found this Fondue pot at a yard sale. It was still packaged, but not sealed. It seems to have never even been used. I'm not quite sure how to use it, though, as there's no burner... It's just a little round rack at the bottom with a hole in the center. Is this a different type of fondue pot, or is it missing a piece or something? Because I see no way to heat it. Do I just stick a candle under it or something? that's what it looks like, and candles are perfect fits underneath. But I don't see how that will keep the fondue warm. : /Question about a Fondue Pot that I recently purchased?
It sounds like it is made to use a little tin of Sterno, which will keep things much warmer than a tea light. I suggest you get a small pack of Sterno.Question about a Fondue Pot that I recently purchased?
Can't find any numbers or model but after the alcohol story I think I may stick w/ Sterno. There's no 'wick' that sticks up but there seems to be a white mesh inside the container. The container has a one inch diameter hole in the middle circled by smaller holes that can be covered by moving a metal cover. I assume this is to adjust the heat. It also has a separate removable lid to put the fire out.



Sterno gel sounds safer than the alcohol. But I'll try the canned solid kind and if it fits maybe just forget the gizmo they included.

No comments:

Post a Comment