Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why is my fondue cheese sauce chunky?

Ok so I got a new fondue pot and had to try it out. I tried to do the Fiesta cheese fondue from The Melting Pot but the cheese was not the texture I wanted. They told me to mix flour with the cheese because it helps it melt, but it was just a little off. I don't think I waited long enough for the pot to get hot enough, do you think that was the problem?Why is my fondue cheese sauce chunky?
Try to add the cheese a little at a time, constantly stirring with a fork or a whisk. The high heat may have caused some problems, depending on what kind of cheese it was. Try heating the fondue over medium-low heat next time.
We just melt the cheese with a little cream...you may add other flavors to your cheese sauce also..like dillweed,creamcheese,garlic,tabasco etc.....

I have never added flour and do not see the point.Why is my fondue cheese sauce chunky?
you have to cook flour before you add. just strain the cheese, and reheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment