Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Can I make chocolate fondue directly in my fondue set?

All of the recipes I've seen requires me to make the fondue on a double boiler and then just pour it on the fondue pot to keep it warm. My fondue set has an alcohol burner, can I make fondue directly on it?

If so, how can I do it without burning the chocolate or ruining the recipe?



I would also appreciate it if you can site some example of chocolate fondue recipes. =]Can I make chocolate fondue directly in my fondue set?
This recipe says you can I have always melted it in a double boiler.

Sometime try a cheese fondue,there fun also.



CHOCOLATE FONDUE





1 (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate bits

2/3 c. sour cream

1/4 c. coffee liqueur, orange

liqueur, or mint liqueur (or

flavoring)

1/4 to 1/2 c. evaporated milk or cream



In heavy saucepan or fondue pot. Melt chocolate with sour cream over low heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Thin as necessary with cream or evaporated milk. Keep warm over low heat. Serve with a variety of fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple, apple, kiwi, banana, etc.) Also good with ladyfingers, angel food cake, or pound cake. Fruit and cake are cut into serving size. Each guest dips his own fruit using a fondue fork.
  • grimaldis
  • money games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment